CATALIS Québec and AQIIRC are launching a joint advanced training bursary program
CATALIS Québec and the Association québécoise des infirmières et intervenants en recherche clinique (AQIIRC) are launching a joint advanced training bursary program to support the development of Quebec’s clinical research professionals.
Bursaries in the amount of CAN$350 each are being offered to clinical research professionals registering for the upcoming Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) CCRP® (Certified Clinical Research Professional) certification exam which will be held in Montréal on February 15, 2021.
- Up to three (3) CATALIS Québec bursaries are being offered to employees of Quebec public healthcare institutions
- Up to one (1) AQIIRC bursaries are being offered to AQIIRC members (whether they work in private compagnies or public institutions)
The Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) established the Certification Program for Clinical Research Professionals to create an internationally accepted standard of knowledge, education, and experience for clinical research professionals. Once certified, they may use the “Certified Clinical Research Professional” or “CCRP®” title.
“We are pleased to offer these bursaries to foster the continuing education of clinical research professionals in Quebec’s public healthcare institutions network. This expertise is key to maintaining Quebec’s international leadership in this field,” said Danika Laberge, CATALIS Quebec’s General Manager.
“AQIIRC’s mission is to contribute to the improvement of clinical research practices, so we use this award to support the development of excellence and the continuing education of nurses and others involved in clinical research,” stated Amélie Tétu, President of the AQIIRC.
Healthcare professionals who are interested in obtaining their clinical research accreditation must first register and prepare for the exam, pay the exam fees, and then pass the exam. The SOCRA offers online preparation resources as well as classes (additional fees may apply).
Apply for the Next Certification Exam
The next Society of Clinical Research Associates CCRP® certification exam hosted by CATALIS Québec and the CHUM research centre will be held in Montréal on February 15, 2021. Applicants must complete their registration by January 4, 2021.
The AQIIRC will also be offering web-based study group conferences; they are scheduled to be held from November to January and are open to all.
Please follow the link below to apply for SOCRA’s accreditation exam being held on February 15, 2021:
For more information on the CCRP® certification exam:
How to Apply for a Bursary:
- Apply for the next CCRP® certification exam and pay the USD$450 exam fees (members) or USD$450 (non-members)
- Fill out the bursary request form and e-mail it along with your exam registration confirmation to email@example.com before December 11, 2020.
- Get the chance to be awarded a CAN$350 bursary. A random draw will be made from all submissions from eligible applicants received.