CATALIS is recruiting a Coordinator, Clinical Research Support Service
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Under the authority of the Director of public and patient engagement, the Coordinator, Clinical Research Support Service participates in the development, planning and implementation of the personalized support service in clinical research .
As the service coordinator, the incumbent will be an important point of contact for patients and healthcare professionals to identify clinical trials specific to various medical conditions. This personalized support service is intended to be informative and educational about the various options available to patients in Quebec.
The service coordinator should exhibit the energy, listening skills and empathy to discuss, guide and support patients in the process of participating in a clinical trial; and have the medical language required to support physicians and healthcare professionals in their search for a potential clinical trial.
• Participate in the implementation of the personalized support service in clinical research, including the development of the service, the drafting of policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs), and the creation of tools and a high-performance management system.
• Ensure the implementation of the project and the tools in accordance with the plan, budgets and deadlines;
• Support management in the management of the support service;
• Listen, discuss, guide and support patients, caregivers, doctors and other health professionals in their research to identify one or more clinical trials for specific medical conditions.
• Follow up with the patient, caregiver, doctor or other health professionals to check whether the patient was able to participate in the clinical trial, and continue with the process of identifying a clinical trial if necessary;
• Participate in the development of tools and / or promotional material in collaboration with the head of communications of the organization;
• Participate in the development of educational content relating to the support service presented on the organization’s website and social networks;
• Perform all other tasks related to this position.
• Bachelor’s degree (BAC) in biology, biological sciences, biomedical sciences, nursing sciences, or any other discipline relevant to the position;
• Postgraduate degree in genetic counseling and / or experience in a pharmaceutical company are considerable assets.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in genetic counseling, as a clinical research nurse, in health project management, or other experience relevant to the position;
• A good knowledge of clinical research;
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Perfect bilingualism, with an excellent command of English and French;
• Empathy, understanding and diplomacy in the face of sometimes difficult situations.
• Great ability to popularize and strong ability to communicate with a diverse clientele including patients, caregivers, clinicians, researchers and other health professionals.
• Project management and health service development
• Excellent writing skills;
• Initiative and autonomy;
• Sense of organization, planning and priorities;
• Rigor and attention to detail;
• Ability to integrate into a small, agile organization;
• Be motivated and performance oriented;
• Demonstrate rigor, have an eye for detail, a sense of priorities and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Be dynamic and enjoy working in a team;
• Have a good sense of organization and initiative;
• Be creative in designing intuitive documents for a diverse audience
• Interpersonal and interpersonal skills;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Outlook.