Quebec, a preferred location for conducting clinical trials
Reputation and Quality
The world’s major pharmaceutical companies conduct over 5,000 clinical trials in Canada every year; 40% of these are carried out in Quebec.
Quebec is a preferred location for its medical and scientific expertise, state-of-the-art infrastructure and research-friendly economic and regulatory environment.
- Our clinician-researchers are internationally recognized for their major medical discoveries and innovations in all therapeutic areas.
- Leaders in personalized medicine and artificial intelligence.
- Our hospital and research centres rank among the best in the world.
- Investments totalling 10 billion dollars in our hospital infrastructure guarantees high standards of quality and safety for carrying out clinical trials.
A Public Health System
- A universal health care system that blends health care with research and teaching and facilitates patient recruitment and the conduct of all phases of clinical trials.
- An ethnically diverse population facilitates clinical trials in all therapeutic areas.
An Efficient Regulatory Approach
- Health Canada ensures a 30-day regulatory review process.
- Quebec provides a unified ethical review framework for studies conducted in more than one public institution.
Attractive Financial Incentives
- Significant savings thanks to R&D incentives and a favourable Canadian exchange rate.
- Reasonable labour costs for highly qualified employees.