The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre
A unique infrastructure in Canada for clinical trial management
With over 1,500 clinical studies underway and more than 135,000 participants, the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is one of the largest and most modern research centres in the field of biomedical sciences and health care in North America.
The RI-MUHC is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), a university hospital complex serving six hospitals in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and is affiliated with the McGill University Faculty of Medicine.
The Institute is home to the McConnell Centre for Innovative Medicine (CIM), a unit specializing in the conduct and management of phase l to lV clinical studies. The McConnell Centre for Innovative Medicine provides comprehensive clinical research services following the highest quality standards, in a state-of-the-art environment dedicated exclusively to clinical research.
Watch the video: https://youtu.be/9idzSA0XTt4
Areas of expertise
- Conduct and management of phase I to IV clinical trials
- 8 research programs: https://rimuhc.ca/programs
- Brain Repair and Integrative Neuroscience Program
- Cancer Research Program
- Cardiovascular Health across the Lifespan Program
- Child Health and Human Development Program
- Metabolic Disorders and Complications Program
- Infectious Diseases and Immunity in Global Health Program
- Injury Repair Recovery Program
- Translational Research in Respiratory Diseases Program
- More than 30 therapeutic areas
- Project management of multicentre trials
- Clinical data management
View all the services offered: Clinical trial management
- 24 examining and interview rooms
- Spaces dedicated to infusions and blood draws
- 8 negative pressure rooms
- A laboratory for preparing samples
- Medical imaging
- Heart and respiratory evaluation platform
- Sleep laboratory
- An experimental operating room within the Institute
- A simulation room
- Observation suite to improve the work environment: ergonomics, digital information management, optimization of imaging and development of medical instruments
Investigators specializing in phase I trials
The RI-MUHC has over 440 researchers and more than 1,200 graduate and post-doctoral students and fellows in clinical research. For additional information: researcher profiles.